Friday, January 31, 2014

Manga Review #1, MegaTokyo!

By Dawnchaser
Have those few Cult followings, like, Tales From The Crypt, The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, etc. What I am trying to say is that very few, if any shows from TVs, movies, comics, and video games have such a wonderful and loyal fan base then MegaTokyo. A piece of heaven from a good man named Fred Gallager, I and many fans of his have been following the adventures of Piro and Largo in Japan. This web comic has been in development since late in the year of 2000, thirteen years and a few months have passed since MegaTokyo first got stranded in Japan following a stint that a drunk Largo started, and Piro bailed him out of it.

Since then, adventure after adventure has surfaced, but, it's not as exciting to wait as it is to read, which comes to my point of MegaTokyo having gained a sturdy, and very interesting fan base, from the old hardcore to the ones that just joined. Nothing comes short but exciting and awe when Fred (Piro) draws us another comic, to keep us in suspense, and tease us with new drawings that he comes up with.

I first found out about MegaTokyo when I was about fifteen and in my local bookstore, looking through the manga section I was getting bored of the more then generic looking books and heroes. Not to get me wrong, I am a closet Otaku, and adore pretty much a lot of Manga and Anime, but at that time, everything just pretty much looked the same, until I came across a mange called "MegaTokyo". From the first few pages I was hooked, here was a comic that didn't have the generic hero, or have girls dressed with little to nothing, the jokes were actually funny, and the situations are a few that I could relate.

I guess that without a dose of Mega Tokyo every now and again, (I do wait until at least I get three pages of comic to read), I wouldn't have found a world that makes me feel at home, even if me and my good friends are more like this IRL then in the internet land of the crazy and insane. And if anything Fred is a trooper, even after his heart surgery, he and his wife continued to stride forward, and this should prove that with a lot of hard work, determination, and a passion for creativity, the sky is the limit for what you want to do. Here is the latest comic that I have put, and a link below to get you to the site so that you can begin or renew your adventure with these two gamers. Also, please make sure to share with friends and family, and make sure to always check back for the latest news and reviews. -Stray.






No comments:

Post a Comment