Thursday, August 16, 2012

And here we go...

As I finally get to show off my second chapter to my story, I was thinking of writing a eulogy over how flattering this would be if I got a book deal... Well the eulogy ended up being told in a basket of Ginger Bread Men and a tall glass of milk, then said book deal got eaten by previously mentioned Ginger Bread Men. So all in all, it makes for a pretty tame day, thinking of posting a doodle I drew on here, but thought against it. Makes for better guessing if you don't know what it looks like, so now, I introduce Chapter Two of Two Minutes Of Terror, have fun reading. (Revised on 10/19/12)


Chapter two
Death aims only once, but never misses.”
EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims


When I awoke, I first noticed two things, one, that my head was on a really comfy pillow, and boy do I mean comfy, and two I was staring into a pair of the most gorgeous brown eyes I had ever seen. “You’re finally awake; I didn't think you would ever wake up, thank you so much for saving me earlier.” 

I found that my mouth had suddenly gotten dry but that was something that was to be expected. The Hero getting the welcome he deserved, and at the hands of a very pretty woman A very, pretty, Asian, woman. “You uh, you’re welcome Miss…?” “Emily, Emily Black.” “A pleasure to meet you Emily, I’m umm I'm Jacob. Are you okay? Besides being scared by our canine buddy?” 

I could tell that she was hiding something, whatever it was it could wait. How I could tell, well, let’s just say that I often trust my intuition, and more than sixty percent of the time I'm right about something. Why was I suddenly nervous about her? I really had no clue, she was pretty, and well curved in all the right areas... It was then that her eyes flashed blue, and then back to her normal color, it happened so fast, I was sure that I was going crazy.

She shook her head, her long, black hair swishing back and forth gently. “No, I mean yes, I'll be fine…, but what was that thing?” I felt a nagging at the back of my mind and needed to check something. “I’m not so sure myself.” We both looked away as an awkward silence came between us. What a great mood killer, I'll file that away for the next time I go out on a date. 'Hey, want to talk about, huge, black dogs that kill people? I got a great story...'  I got up, and chivalry had taken hold of me, I held out my hand to her, she took it with grace and I let go when she got to her feet. 

Her hand was freezing, despite the temperature being at least a balmy seventy degrees in the store; again, I felt something not quite right with her, maybe it was the eye thing, or maybe I was so eager to get laid that I was making myself sick. “What’s wrong?” She suddenly asked, as she broke my train of thought, and my stare at her breasts, it was as if she had gotten prettier. It was either me, or that I horny, I'm starting to go with being horny. 

Yes, I was very enamored with her body that I didn't get her question the first time she asked it. “Hey, Jacob? Yoo-hoo Are you okay?” “Hmm? Oh! Yes! I was, uhhh I was just thinking is all. What did you ask again?” She smiled, her teeth were very white “Is there a bathroom here?” “Yes, uhhh just go down all the way to the store and it’s in the far right corner.” “Thank you” And just like that, she turned around and was gone in a flash of black, brown and green.

She must have been really in need of wanting to go bad as it she practically ran down the chip aisle and slammed the bathroom door, nothing says like I need to go, like slamming the bathroom door, or waddling very fast. I sighed to myself as I headed over to the counter to get my small book. You see, my small book contains stuff about supernatural creatures, from Werewolves, to Doppelgängers. A local historian buff that reads about the supernatural, oh the horror, I wonder what ever is going to happen…

It comes with me wherever I go, why? Well, let’s just say that I want to be prepared in case I ever see anything out of the ordinary, and perhaps get laid by some hot chick that digs my knowledge about Vampires. 

Yes, if I can impress some bubble headed, brain-dead, but hot chick that is crazy for Twilight, I will use that to my advantage. I picked up the leather bound item and started to flip through the pages until I came across my own sketch of the beast in question. My leather book contains a variety of creatures that goes from A to Z, with a sketch on the left page and the description on the right. I studied the rather creepy looking drawing and then read description that I had written down.

Hell Hounds: "A hell hound is a supernatural dog, found in folklore. A wide variety of ominous or hellish supernatural dogs occurs in mythologies around the world, similar to the ubiquitous dragon. Features that have been attributed to hell hounds include black fur, glowing red or sometimes glowing yellow eyes, super strength or speed, ghostly or phantom characteristics, foul odor, and sometimes even the ability to talk.

Legend says that if someone is to stare into its eyes three times or more, the person will definitely die. In cultures that associate the afterlife with fire, hell hounds may have fire-based abilities and appearance. They are often assigned to guard the entrances to the world of the dead, such as graveyards and burial grounds, or undertake other duties related to the afterlife or the supernatural, such as hunting lost souls or guarding a supernatural treasure. In European legends, seeing a hell hound or hearing it howl may be either an omen of death or even a cause of death.

Some supernatural dogs, such as the Welsh Cŵn Annwn, were actually believed to be benign. However, encountering them was still considered a sign of imminent death..."

“Hmm… What are you reading there Jacob?” I was so startled that I almost screamed like a little girl, jumped, and almost dropped my book. Which I quickly put it in my pocket and tried to play the cool guy, and looked up at her pretty, curious, and almost ghostly appearance. Gone was the healthy, brown skin tone of a beautiful, hot, woman, in its place was pale, sickly white skin color, almost like ivory. her lips were a pale blue and well, she really did look like ghost. She must have seen me looking at her for she smiled and looked at me, almost seductively, which now, made me very, very nervous. “I got sick, sorry if I look like a mess, do you have any water?” 

The open, candidness she had with me was refreshing, attractive, and made all my alarms go off in my head. “Sure it’s right next to the milk and coffee section, toward the middle on your left side.” “Thank you.” She responded and walked slowly to her next destination, the poor thing, she must be going through some shock or was trying to seduce me... I was rationalizing what was going on, which meant that I was falling for her,  so I checked my book again, going into the section about female demons, this time there was a sketch of a woman that had wings, horns on her head, long fingernails, and had a craving for spiritual energy from guys.

 I looked up to make sure she was taking her time; I caught her looking out the window, slowly drinking the small water bottle she had. It was wrong of me I know, thinking of her being a Succubus, or maybe a variation thereof but right now I needed to know or not. If I was going to get laid, I might as well do it with a normal girl, not some demon seductress that would kill me before the night was over. So I looked down and began look for the right kind of demoness, she was Asian so it narrowed down the search to either Japanese or Chinese in origin. The slight upward slant of her eyes, made me look in the Japanese demons, and found something that appeared to be right down my alley, so I began to read to myself.

Yuki-onna: "Yuki-onna is an old Japanese tale, a spirit or yōkai in Japanese folklore appears on snowy nights as a tall, beautiful woman with long black hair and blue lips…" 

‘Wait a minute’, I reminded myself, ‘it’s not snowing outside’. I chuckled gently and turned my head to prove that it was my imagination. However, as I looked outside, it was in fact snowing. It was falling gently, the streetlights illuminating the world outside to a bright, but blurry orange. Sure it was close to Halloween but it shouldn't be snowing, not like this. I then turned my attention from the snow to Emily and saw that Emily was staring back at me, her lips a pale blue, and a knowing smile. The water that she was holding was ice, but around me it was still warm. Which one was a weird thing and two, this was signaling that my night was going to be far from over. She looked out the window, like she was giving me more time to read. So I continued.

"… What Yuki-onna is after varies from tale to tale. Sometimes she is simply satisfied to see a victim die. Other times, she is more vampiric, draining her victims' blood or "life force." She occasionally takes on a succubus-like manner, preying on weak-willed men to drain or freeze them through sex or a kiss." 

Now this wasn't looking good at all, I would have to be careful in how I acted from now on. I put the book back into my pocket and looked into her deadly, playful, and cold brown eyes. Whatever was their before was gone, gone was the warmth, the concern, the attractiveness, well…Not that. It made her a ruthless killer, but a sexy, ruthless killer. “ Isn't this weather weird?” I directed the answer toward her, seeing how she would respond. “Oh Jacob, this is very strange weather, do you suppose that it would get so cold, that we would have to be near one another for body warmth?” I gulped, she really was going for the gold, and how could she not be great in her performance? She apparently had been doing this for a very long time. 

“I’m not sure, as long as the heat holds, we should be fine. I’m worried about what is going on tonight.” “All nights are destined to end in one of two things Jacob Mcreedy, life or death. What will be your choice?” That was then that I knew it, that she was a demoness, to either kill me or spare me. So far I had been spared, but for what reason and for how long? I didn't notice her move toward me, how could I? 

She wasn't walking but gliding over the tiled floor. She stopped in front of the counter and suddenly I could see my breath, ice crystals formed on the windows, the cash register, everything that had once been warm was now frozen. 

The front lights couldn't handle the sudden decrease of temperature and burst. Leaving me in a half dark store with a hot, bloody demon that wanted my blood. “My dear Jacob, I am grateful that you rescued me from that Hound of Hell, and I should probably repay you…But seeing as you can’t stand having your precious night ruined with anymore death I am going to tell you what I am going to do, alright?”

I tried to speak but nothing came forth, she giggled and rubbed my cheek with her hand. I felt colder, and shook with the dropping temperature. “You will give me some of your energy in any way that you desire, and I won’t kill you right now, how does that sound?”

I trembled, shivered, and ached to go along with her offer, if nothing else, she was going to spare me, or so I hoped. I could feel my voice come back, and I needed to choose my next words carefully. “Why me?” Was all I could manage to say, to keep her hopefully telling me why to give me a chance to form a chance to escape. Her hold on me was something I could break out of, but I needed time to get strong will power. Her eyes locked with mine and I could see the answer already there, the one I had feared she was going to use. “Because you were here my dear Jacob…”

 With that, my entire body felt numb, no more feeling, nothing as her icy, blue, lips closed around mine. My body unable or unwilling to move as I felt myself grow weaker every second she kissed me, her tongue played with mine, and well, I got aroused. I moaned in total defeat, my lungs drawing in less and less air, sleepiness descended upon me rapidly, and I was in a total blackout, with only the memory of her lips against mine…

No comments:

Post a Comment