Monday, March 24, 2014

SeaQuest nostalgia trip

Nostalgia is a funny thing, it can bring back memories of a picnicking at your local park or hiking and camping with friends and family or with certain movies and television shows... SeaQuest DSV is one of those familiar, but fuzzy memories of what was on when I was young.


Sure I should of been more supervised but I will never forget how this one TV show inspired in me a love of the Ocean, and not just the Ocean itself, but of the sea depths, of the priceless antiquities that could be unearthed, of the discoveries of creatures that themselves were myth or never before known.

And yet, that thirst for knowing the unknown was parallel with wanting to learn about the stars, from, you guessed it, Star Trek. And I learned about the night skies of how the Greeks and Egyptians and Romans all had stories about the stars that aligned the Earth during the night skies, or how the seas were filled with dangerous sea creatures. I will never forget how my childhood was shaped by certain shows, and how I used any knowledge I gained to explore my own world outside.

I'm not sure when I will ever get in my own submarine, or star ship to explore and discover new and wonderful things. But for one thing I will know, that if it wasn't for watching SeaQuest I would never have a love for the Ocean like I do today. So I do present my viewers two places where if you ever a hard core fan or just seeing this for the first time, I would like to give a glimpse into the secret colt following. So please click on the video and the link below to enjoy old memories or gain new ones. Also please check in for the latest in news that can make one enjoy new possibilities. -Stray.








No comments:

Post a Comment