Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Debit Card, Birthday, Late Homework...

So I haven't written anything in awhile, which really isn't surprising as I have been busy with Mid-Terms, being lazy, and sick. Just recently have I found my strength coming back, which has been a very good thing in making sure that any late homework is done. But me, being lazy again, found something to do, which is do nothing and watch videos.

But not just any videos, I decided to go back and review my good friend, Dr. Hannibal Lecter, an amazing man, not only in thought, but in action. But ever since Anthony Hopkins portrayed him, I have felt, that those that have come after him, have done their best as an actor. From Hannibal Rising, to the hit TV show Hannibal, these actors have portrayed a younger man, a younger Hannibal.


And they do an excellent job, except that it's not Anthony Hopkins, and in a way, it's not fair for me to judge them based off the acting of one man. Which is why I have kept my mind and eyes open, and my mouth shut, and I found, that if one took the time to watch the mannerisms of the actors, they make an amazing Hannibal.

You see, ever since Silence Of The Lambs came out, and I watched it, I have been fascinated with Dr. Hannibal Lecter, from his preparation of human flesh to his love of classical music. He is a man, a man in which some part of us, some deep primal part us, has. We as a culture now are interested in death, more so then before, how one kills or is killed can become a book or a movie. But it's just not how one dies, but the reasoning behind it, why did the murderer do such a thing? Or why did they kill themselves in such a way?

I have no reasoning behind this fascination, besides the fact that death is a common, every day occurrence, and that we like that occurrence. So here is a piece from the very amazing show, Hannibal, from season 1. I do encourage you, my audience to take a look if you haven't already and come up with your own thoughts on the matter. Also, I am now 24 years old, Happy Birthday to me, and I finally got my debit card after waiting for it since last year. Cheers! -Stray.




No comments:

Post a Comment